2016 Upcoming Events:
JOIN SCWN FOR OUR VERY FIRST LIVE WEBINAR
Discovering and Operating out of YOUR
Passion & Purpose
Did you know that 70% of American workers are disengaged from their jobs? Why? They are not doing what they LOVE!
What keeps people from doing the work they LOVE?
· Lacking clarity around their passion/purpose
· Being too busy
· Thinking that your passion won’t pay the bills
· Not trusting God
· Fear, especially fear of failing if you try something new
· Don’t know where to start
· Thinking something in their past disqualifies them
1) How do you discover your passion and purpose in this season?
2) Who will you touch with your passion and purpose?
3) Why operate in your passion and purpose?
Whether you are still in the process of identifying or seeking to operate out of your passion and purpose at a higher level, I hope you will join us for SCWN’s very first live webinar:
Marvae Eikanas on
March 8th at 7:00 PM for
Discovering and Operating out of YOUR Passion & Purpose
If you are interested in participating, please email
or call (423)698-6262.
MARKETPLACE BIBLE STUDIES
In January 2016, SCWN is going to kick off some new
Marketplace Bible studies. The classes will be open to all women and will be held
once per week at lunchtime.
We are in the process of recruiting teachers and
businesses that would be willing to allow
us to come in and teach a Bible study class.
If you would be willing to serve in this way, please contact:
Patti Harris at 698-6262 or e-mail
Beginning Oct. 5-Janice Meissner--423-242-5514--Wally's East Ridge-
The 7 Experiment Staging Your Own Mutiny Against Excess
Beginning-Aug. 27--Kathryn Geddie--Philipians/TVA
Beginning-Sept. 29--Patti Harris--Fearless--SunTrust Downtown
Beginning Oct. 6--Rosalyn Hickman--Titus 2--AIM Center Downtown
Beginning-Oct.6 --Flo Samuels--Lee Hwy/Hickory Valley Retirement Center(Twice Monthly)
Beginning Sept. 2--Cara Hicks--Women in the Word--SunTrust Downtown
Beginning Sept. 23--Pauline Field--7 am--Calvary Chapel Cafe--Hebrews/St.Elmo
Beginning Oct. 7--Marcia Phillips--Lies Women Believe & The Truth that Sets Them Free--Dowtown YMCA-11:15 to 11:45 am
Call 698-6262 or email
to join a Bible study today!
Fairfield Inn & Suites --Breakfast Attendant ad:
Energetic? Out-going personality? Are you a “morning person?”
3H Group Hotels, Inc., is seeking a Breakfast Attendant for our Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chattanooga East/Hamilton Place location.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and friendly individual to join our team. If attention to detail and customer service is your passion, this is the job for you!
To be considered, you must be available to work early mornings (work starts between 5-6 a.m.), weekends and holidays. Reliable transportation to and from work required. All applicants must pass a background check.
If you have a strong work ethic, enjoy challenges and strive to improve your service to the guest every day, please apply in-person at Fairfield Inn & Suites, 2345 Shallowford Village Dr., Chattanooga, TN 37421.
The National Memorial to the Unborn
Those interested need to email their resume` to
It is a part-time position (15-20 hours a week) and starts at $10/hr.
Help Connect Faith and Finances as a Thrivent Financial advisor
What if your next career could change lives? What if you could succeed by helping others succeed? What if you could help Christians connect their faith and finances? As a financial advisor with Thrivent Financial, you’ll have the opportunity to turn these “what-ifs” into a meaningful career.
We believe money is a tool, not a goal. Our national, membership-owned organization of Christians offers a unique blend of faith, finances and generosity. With a full range of financial products and services, you’ll help people create a strategy that reflects their values, provides for their families and protects their future.
At Thrivent, our financial advisors focus on:
- Providing financial guidance that connects faith and finances.
- Helping our members to be wise with money, live generously and change lives.
- Strengthening churches or other groups they care about in their community.
As a Thrivent Financial advisor, you’ll:
- Have the freedom of working independently. You’ll run your own business with support of leaders and mentors.
- Help Christians meet their financial goals by executing our proven advice sales process with prospective and existing members.
- Explore with members the many ways their money choices can reflect their values.
- Help members feel comfortable and confident with their finances.
Successful Thrivent Financial advisors are effective at:
- Making approaches to get appointments. This is done by leveraging existing relationships, holding workshops and marketing their services.
- Inspiring others to take action by closing sales through analyses of unique situations. This includes creating a written recommendation based on the member’s needs, budget and goals.
- Maintaining ongoing relationships with members.
Thrivent has proven systems and processes to give you the support to help you learn how to successfully build these skills. Contact:
- Obtain and maintain state insurance licenses with required lines of authority (life, health & variable contracts) prior to the solicitation or sale of insurance products.
- Obtain and maintain FINRA Series 7 and 66 registrations.
- Pass Background and Credit checks.
Insurance products issued or offered by Thrivent Financial, the marketing name for Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, Appleton, WI. Not all products are available in all states. Securities and investment advisory services are offered through Thrivent Investment Management Inc., 625 Fourth Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55415, a FINRA and SIPC member and a wholly owned subsidiary of Thrivent. Thrivent Financial representatives are registered representatives of Thrivent Investment Management Inc. They are also licensed insurance agents/producers of Thrivent. For additional important information, visit Thrivent.com/disclosures.
Brainerd United Methodist Church (BUMC)
Family Ministry Director
I. Summary of Position
A leadership staff position that will provide vision, energy, oversight, and daily direction to all aspects of Family Ministry including infants through Young Adult; enthusiastically implements vision and values throughout children’s and student ministries; keep before the church body, staff, and elders a vision of the necessity of winning Families to Christ and discipling them to greater maturity.
II. Job Responsibilities
- 1. Vision:
- · Implement and articulate BUMC strategy for growth in the areas of Children, Youth, Young Adults, Families and Outreach.
- · Keep current with innovations in children’s, student and family-focused ministries.
- · Serve as an advocate for Family Ministry before staff and congregation.
- 2. Programming:
- · Direct and foster growth in the Youth Program with the Youth Ministry Assistant
- · Coordinate Family Ministry programs with the Children’s Ministry Director that will help children, students and families embrace Christ.
- · Develop and direct Outreach opportunities through family and community leaders, with the assistance of the Lay Outreach Director.
- · Create a Young Adult Ministry to reach individuals in the target age of 18-25
- · Equip and partner with parents by equipping them with resources to become actively and intentionally involved in the spiritual formation and discipleship of their families.
- 3. Leadership:
- · Lead coordinators, teachers, and other volunteers in the Children’s & Student Ministry
- · Assist and participate in budget development, implementation, and accountability in the areas of Youth, Young Adults and Outreach.
- 4. Shepherding:
- · Assist in directing people to help with and pray about special needs of students and their families.
- · Serve as a healthy role model of leadership, sharing the grace of Jesus.
- · Provide children and family direct pastoral care as appropriate, or resources to nurture healthy families
- · Build relationships with families –children, youth, and their parents; advocate for children, youth, and families within the congregation
- III. Qualifications and Skills:
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
· Experience that includes working closely with families, children and teens; Ministry experience a plus
· Demonstrated vibrant progressive Christian faith and a strong public discipleship; Familiarity with United Methodist Church teachings a plus
· Proven leadership and management skills
· Self-directed and highly independent, but able to function as a team player and maintain positive working relationships
· Organizational skills for growing, mobilizing, and maintaining a strong and effective team and program
· Able to inspire, direct and motivate children, youth, young adults and their families